Left Handed Guitar Lessons
If you are one of the 10% of the world who are left handed then you will be quite used to the fact that many things in life can be a little more of a problem for you than they are for the other 90% who are right handed. Left handed guitar lessons will likely be one of those challenges.
No big deal though, being left handed makes you very versatile! It could be that being southpaw is in fact to your benefit. Research at University College London points to the fact that left handed people as a group have yielded an above average level of high achievers. That is especially so in the field of sport and the arts. Taking left handed guitar lessons could then be no problem.The important factor is to be sure you have a really good guitar tutor such as the guitar guru discussed in this Steve Krenz review.
There are countless examples of hugely talented left handed guitar players to take example from. Jimmy Hendrix, Sir Paul McCartney, Tony Lommi and Mark Knopfler who is left handed but plays his guitar right handed, to name but a few.
At the start your left handed guitar lessons will pose a question. Should I play guitar left handed or should I try right handed? A peculiar question you might well think. But if you look around maybe as many as fifty percent of the in other circumstances left handed guitar players find it best to play their guitars right handed. It will depend on what degree of left handedness you have. Just what is the level of your handedness dominance?
If you are beginning from scratch then the popular thought is that you really should start right handed. There are some good reasons for this Nearly everything for guitar is set up for the right handed player.Obviously most guitars are right handed and normally learning resources are marketed for right handed players.
If after you have tried this for two or three weeks you are still finding that when fretting a note your fingers won't quite find the right string then of course it is time to commence your left handed guitar lessons.
Many students starting learning to play guitar find that at first they get very sore guitar fingers! If your fingers start to crack or hurt it is best to stop playing for a while to let your sore fingers heal. They soon toughen up as you continue to play your guitar..
Either you will have to obtain a left handed guitar or, if needs be, you can flip the guitar and restring your right handed guitar in reverse with the thickest string at the top again. Not the best way but by far the cheapest alternative and if you see pictures of Jimmy Hendrix and his guitar - that's how he preferred to play it!
You will normally use the same materials for left handed guitar lessons as those to be found for a right handed player. The variation will be the reading of the visual features which you will need to reverse. Left handed people come across this problem in many areas of their lives and seldom find it a problem and will absorb the material with no more difficulty than their right handed counterparts.
Elements of any left handed guitar lessons which use video sets will not present any difficulty as to a left handed player what they are seeing is an exact mirror image of what they will be playing.
Particularly for those interested in left handed guitar lessons a comprehensive home study course makes a great deal of sense. In recognition of the fact that there may be an initial challenge for you get the measure of chord positioning and reading tablature the ability to repeat any element in a home study course at will is a feature worth looking at.
The question often gets asked can you self teach guitar from a home study course? The number of such courses that are purchased today certainly suggests that the probability of success is there for those that take action and give it a try!
As soon as you sense the time is right and the opportunity is there then if you have been using a flipped guitar replace it with a dedicated left hand model. Now with a new guitar your left handed guitar lessons will move on in leaps and bounds and your pleasure in learning and playing it will skyrocket too!
GuitarAccord.com is a website dedicated to the promotion of guitar learning. Looking at a diversity of guitar styles we recommend appropriate methods of learning to play the guitar. If you are looking to start playing the guitar then start by looking at www.guitaraccord.com where you will find the best courses available to you today.
Article Source: ArticlesBase.com